This post is sponsored by Kwilt and The Motherhood. All opinions are our own.
So, as a mom to four kids, I have to say a lot has changed about being a mom to one versus being a mom to four. I’m not talking about the seventeen loads of laundry we now have (every three days…) or the seven trips to the van to bring in the grocery bags (also every three days…). I’m talking about the little things. Like pictures. When I was a new mom to just one little sweet baby girl, I had professional pictures taken every three months. We went to the department store photo department and had massive amounts of pictures taken…at three months, six months, nine months, twelve months…and displayed these pink tulle puffiness pictures in frames all over the house.
Yeah. This mama has changed in the picture area. Poor baby number four is six months old and has not YET been to have pictures taken. She has not a single image of her cutie pie smile in our house. Baby number one has photo book after photo book of pictures (stored under the bed, but still…). Baby number four doesn’t have a single image printed or filed away in photo albums. This didn’t happen over night, so I’m hoping she won’t hold it against me in 14 years. With each baby, I got worse and worse with photo printing, or having professional images taken.
What we DO have, is files upon files of images stored on the computer, in the Cloud (the what?), on the phone, on Google+, on Facebook…everywhere! So, when I heard about Kwilt, I was pretty much in love at first glance. I mean, not my future 14 year old daughter won’t be an angry teenager who hates her mom just because the tired, crazed, delirious mama of four kids 6 and under never put her pictures in albums. With the help of Kwilt’s photo sharing and compiling, I can get all of those super sweet, wide-eyed, drool-faced shots in ONE place. They can easily be edited, shared, stored, and sorted. This is a genius app for anyone who takes pictures!
So What are some ways that a Busy Mom can Preserve Memories?
- Use Kwilt! Easy, Done.
- Store images in folders on the computer based on the activity/year. Delete duplicates. Yes, that means those 64 selfie pictures your kid took of their adorable chubby cheeks on your iphone.
- Print off pictures every six months.
- Use a gift card specifically for ordering pictures. This is a great gift idea for when Grandma asks what they can get. Request a grocery store or money gift card that you can use for ordering images, only. Print them out monthly.
- Get the kids involved in organizing prints. Kids LOVE to look at pictures of themselves. Let them help with placing pictures in albums.
- Work your way through tons of digital files or hard images by attacking the mess. Work your way back through the images beginning with the most recent.
- Keep taking pictures of those cute kids! Edit, save, print, organize.
- Check out Kwilt! For more information visit www.kwiltapp.com. Kwilt is available only on iOS (including iOS 8) an Android version is coming in 2015.