Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cool Whip Frosting
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Whipped Frosting
These cupcakes are delicious! My husband declared that they were his second favorite thing I have ever made (right after my chocolate chip cookies).
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Carton Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting, thawed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
For the Cupcakes
For the Frosting:
- For the cupcakes, mix all ingredients together until completely combined. Fill cupcake tin with paper liners. Fill liners 2/3 full. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix cinnamon and nutmeg into the thawed Cool Whip Frosting, folding with a spatula. Pipe onto cupcakes.
Hint: these little buggers will stick to the cupcake liners. I tried some without the liner and baked them for a few minutes less.
Warning: you will want to lick the entire bowl of frosting...or maybe just double it so you can have some left over and keep in the fridge for emergencies :) The frosting would be amazing on pumpkin pie or any other Thanksgiving desert.
OH SO GOOD! Keep them in the refrigerator.
Hope you enjoy!