Welcome to Sugar Aunts! This little project started as a way for three sisters to create and inspire. We love crafting with our kids, mixing up concoctions for sensory play, whipping up kid-friendly recipes in the kitchen, and planning creative parties. One day, one of us sisters said, "Hey, let's start a blog!" The rest is history as they say!
When we started this blog, I had no idea how much fun it would be to create crafts and share with moms, care givers, teachers, and AUNTS all over the world. Now, sometimes you see crafts or DIY-slime-sensory-bottle-sensory bin-goopy play on Pinterest and think, "Whhhhat mom does these things?" or wonder,
"Why make the mess??? I just need to clean it up while cooking dinner and folding three loads of laundry and helping with homework but stink because I didn't get a shower for three days!!"
(been there. more times than I care to share.)
Well, besides the awesome learning that happens with messy sensory play, and the direction following/language skills/fine motor skills that occur during crafting, it's just fun! Maybe some of the things we share are not for everyone, and that's ok. We're here to share kid-fun ideas from every day moms and Aunts to the best nieces and nephews around (Yes, all Aunts get to say that about their own nieces and nephews. It's a right to being an Aunt!)
Colleen has been an Occupational Therapist since 2000, but currently is a stay-at-home mom to four sweet kids. She is an Aunt to 11 nieces and nephews.
Colleen has become the head author of the Aunts' blog. As we all know, timing and life's needs change. The blog by three sisters has morphed a little bit into a blog FOR Aunts (and parents, educators, therapists, and pretty much anyone working or playing with kids!) but we still all come together as parts when it comes to ideas, inspiration, and kid supply. I mean, you need kids to do kids' crafts, and between the three of us, we've got 8 super fun kids who love them some craft time!
10 facts about Colleen~
1. I have been an Occupational Therapist for over 15 years. After having my third baby, I stayed at home and put the OT on the back burner. Being creative is a must, though and this blog became the place for me to create and share. I love to pull my OT background into blog posts with developmental spins on crafts and activities.
2. I am an Aunt to 11 nieces and nephews including my husbands side of the family. We have a lot of sleepovers at our house that always involve fun play and crafts. Being an Aunt is the Best!
3. I have run three marathons.
4. I live within 15 minutes of both of my sisters. I LOVE that my kids get to grow up with their cousins.
5. I have four kids and between all four pregnancies, have been in labor for 56 hours.
6. I have a small cookie obsession. Ok, not small.
7. I have 6 laundry baskets that are ALWAYS full of dirty clothes, clean-need-folded clothes, or need-put-away clothes. Always.
8. We have only one pet: a fish named Marshmallow.
9. I drink waaaay too much coffee.
10. People call me Supermom and ask how I do it all. My answer is I am definitely NOT a Supermom. I do try my hardest to be a super. mom. for my kids. I can do bits and pieces of the things I love to do but can not do it all all the time...and there are many things that make every other mom out there a super rock-star mom that I can not do. We can't do it all, friends. We're in this motherhood thing together. Every mom is a super mom to their kids. Just do the things that you do best. And your kids will see you as a superhero. You've got this!
Be the Crazy FUN Aunt!
Interested in contacting us? Send us a message! We love to hear from you. Questions, Comments, and Inquiries are always welcome. Interested in a guest post from us, collaboration on a project, or product review? Let us know!
Shoot us an email...email@example.com