It is hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner. It’s just about that time of year when we have Christmas lists, to-do lists, letters to Santa, and thank you notes to write out.
But what happens when your child struggles with handwriting?
Writing out that Christmas wish list is a difficult task that brings out tears instead of holiday excitement. I’ve got a solution for your kiddo with handwriting difficulties: a packet of modified paper for all of the Christmas handwriting tasks that come up each year. Use this handwriting pack to help kids who struggle with handwriting to participate in holiday traditions while even working on and developing their handwriting skills!
Christmas Worksheets for Kids
Modified Paper for Handwriting Needs with a Christmas Theme
This handwriting packet will be a solution to so many handwriting needs. It’s a 35 page handwriting pack that contains 30 different modified handwriting sheets. There is a section that explains the “why” behind each type of paper and how they should be used to promote legibility in written work. There is a printable Christmas themed writing prompt sheet to help inspire handwriting. There are two different sized line pages for each Christmas theme.
This is a huge printable pack that can be used over and over again!
Consider the ways that kids can write and practice handwriting this season:
- Letter to Santa (Use the “Dear Santa” prompt page and additional sheets for longer letters to the Big Guy in Red.)
- Christmas Wish List
- Holiday To-Do List
- Shopping List
- Recipe Sharing
- Thank You Notes
- And more (There are a bunch of ideas on the printable writing prompt sheet!)
So, what’s in the Handwriting Pack?
- THREE types of modified paper: Bold lined paper, Color-coded paper (with Christmas-y colors), and Highlighted Paper
- FIVE different Christmas and Winter themed borders.
- TWO different sized lined of each type of paper: Narrow Rule for older kids and Wide Rule for younger kids.
- That’s 30 different sheets of modified paper all with a Christmas theme.
- There is a detailed explanation of reasoning behind each type of paper. This will help explain how to use each modified paper and the reasons why each type might be the style of adapted paper to use for particular handwriting concerns.
- PRINTABLE Christmas writing prompt sheet. Use this to inspire handwriting practice all season long in fun and meaningful ways…on fun Christmas-themed paper, of course!
What writing needs can be met with this handwriting printable pack?
- Poor Line Awareness
- Inaccurate Letter Size
- Poor Spatial Awareness
- Poor Letter Formation
- Inaccurate Spatial Organization
- “Floating” Letters and Words
- Inconsistent Written Work
For those of you who would like to try just ONE style of paper for a lower price, you can. I have broken the packet down into three sections so that parents, teachers, and therapists can benefit from just one style of modified paper. Each smaller packet comes with 10 pages each of modified paper with a Christmas theme. Read about each of the packets here:
Who would use this modified paper handwriting packet?
Try one type of paper and then another to see what works. When you find a modified style of paper that works, print off the other themed pages using that same modification.