Therapists know the importance of incorporating therapeutic and developmental activities into the everyday activities that a child and family experiences. From a trip to the playground to a day at the beach, there are so many sensory-rich experiences that summer life has to offer!
What if you could add a few activities to the summer bucket list that would promote developmental skills while encouraging the integration of sensory tasks that help with behavior, attention, self-regulation, development, and more?
The activities outlined in this Sensory Summer Activity Guide do just that!
Looking for more summer occupational therapy activity ideas? We’ve got a lot here on The OT Toolbox!
You’ll also be interested in our new Summer Occupational Therapy Activities Packet. It’s a collection of 14 items that guide summer programming at home, at school, and in therapy sessions. The summer activities bundle covers handwriting, visual perceptual skills and visual motor skills, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, regulation, and more.
You’ll find ideas to use in virtual therapy sessions and to send home as home activities that build skills and power development with a fun, summer theme. Kids will love the Summer Spot It! game, the puzzles, handouts, and movement activities. Therapists will love the teletherapy slide deck and the easy, ready-to-go activities to slot into OT sessions. The packet is only $10.00 and can be used over and over again for every student/client!
Want to take summer play to the next level? Be sure to grab your copy of the Summer OT Activities Bundle!
The Sensory Summer Activity Guide includes:
- Sensory-based activities designed to improve attention, focus, behaviors, and self-regulation through vestibular, proprioceptive, and tactile sensory experiences.
- Summer fun that the whole family can join in on. These summer activities will be ones that make memories!
- Summer proprioception activities
- Summer vestibular activities
- Summer tactile activities
- Summer oral sensory activities
- In all, 55 sensory-rich summer activities for children and families