Therapists know the importance of incorporating therapeutic and developmental activities into the everyday activities that a child and family experiences. From a trip to the playground to a day at the beach, there are so many sensory-rich experiences that summer life has to offer!
What if you could add a few activities to the summer bucket list that would promote developmental skills while encouraging the integration of sensory tasks that help with behavior, attention, self-regulation, development, and more?
The activities outlined in this Sensory Summer Activity Guide do just that!
Looking for more summer occupational therapy activity ideas? We’ve got a lot here on The OT Toolbox!
The Sensory Summer Activity Guide includes:
- Sensory-based activities designed to improve attention, focus, behaviors, and self-regulation through vestibular, proprioceptive, and tactile sensory experiences.
- Summer fun that the whole family can join in on. These summer activities will be ones that make memories!
- Summer proprioception activities
- Summer vestibular activities
- Summer tactile activities
- Summer oral sensory activities
- In all, 55 sensory-rich summer activities for children and families