Do you have a reluctant reader in your house? The features from this week’s Share It Saturday have got some GREAT tips on how to make reading fun for kids of different ages. A love of reading begins from a very young age and promoting that love throughout childhood is so important…and fun! We’re loving these reading ideas from the features this week. Stop by and check them out for lots of great reading ideas:
How to make reading fun for kids:
- Promote pre-reading skills with your young child with games and activities from Growing Book By Book.
- One sure way to grow a love for reading is acting out favorite stories. Why not try puppets for your storytelling, like Lets Play Music?
- Go with a beloved theme. Does the child in your house LOVE all things nature? Try these books from Peace But Not Quiet. The transportation lover in your house will love these cars, planes, and trains books from School Time Snippets. Or maybe a topic sure to inspire giggles, like chickens would guarantee some extra reading time. Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes has a great list of chicken books.
- If you’re encouraging your new reader to try more words, these sound it out slider cards from The Measured Mom looks like a great way to practice.
- We’ve got lots more ideas on ways to make reading fun for your reluctant or new reader. Check out the full list of Creative Sight Word Activities