Working on visual perceptual skills with kids this summer? This sun visual perception activity is a fun way to build skills needed for handwriting and reading! It’s a free therapy slide deck that builds skills like visual discrimination, form constancy, and visual figure-ground.
Sun Visual Perception Activity
Summertime doesn’t have to mean not working on specific skills that help kids to improve functional hand writing and learning tasks. It also doesn’t mean building visual perceptual skills requires boring worksheets either.
This free visual perceptual activity has a sun and sunshine theme for summer days.
The visual perception sun activities include visual discrimination, form constancy, visual attention, and visual memory tasks.
Kids can work on form constancy as they recognize differences in the various sun images and activities.
You’ll love adding this these other visual perceptual activities too:
- Free Visual Perception Packet (24 pages of visual perceptual skill worksheets and activities!)
- St. Patrick’s Day Visual Perception Activities
- Groundhog’s Day Visual Perception Activities
- Flower Visual Motor Activities slide deck
- Back to School Visual Perception Slide Deck
- Holiday Cookies Slide Deck
- Unicorn Visual Perception Slide Deck
- Spot It game hearts slide deck
- Pencil theme “I Spy” game.
- Animal Theme visual perception slide deck
Sunshine Visual perceptual activities
There are several visual perceptual activities with the sun theme on the slide decks.
This is also great if kids are heading off to vacation or taking a break from therapy for a while. They can use the activity as a fun way to work on specific visual perceptual skills.
Want to access this free therapy slide deck? Enter your email address into the form below and to receive this activity.
Working on building skills this summer? The Summer OT Bundle is for you!
Work on fine motor skills, visual perception, visual motor skills, sensory tolerance, handwriting, scissor skills, and much more so that kids can accomplish self-care tasks, learn, and grow through play all summer long.
This bundle is perfect for the pediatric occupational therapist who needs resources and tools to use in summer therapy sessions, home programs, or extended school year therapy plans.
This bundle is perfect for parents, grandparents, and caregivers looking to provide developmental fine motor activities designed to help kids build skills.
- Send kids back to school in the Fall without worrying about the “Summer Slide”.
- Use these materials to work on areas like hand strength, fine motor development, scissor skills, handwriting, pencil control, pencil grasp, sensory play experiences, and much more. Just pull out the pages or activities you need for your child, and develop skills through play!
The Summer OT Bundle includes 19 resources that you can print and use over and over again:
- (NEW) Summer Fine Motor Kit ($20 value)- 90 pages of fine motor work, pencil grasp activities, strengthening, and eye-hand coordination tasks.
- (NEW) Summer Writing Lists ($5 value)- 28 pages of weekly writing lists
- (NEW) Summer Memory Game ($2 value)
- Summer OT Pack ($20 value)-14 individual products including Spot It game, slide decks, and much more.
- Summer Sensory Activities Guide ($5 value)
- Outdoor Play Sensory Diet Cards and Challenges ($8 value)
Helping children develop and achieve functional skills this summer was never so easy (or fun!)
Be sure to grab the Summer OT Bundle, a HUGE resource of therapy tools and activities for all things building skills this summer.
Colleen Beck, OTR/L is an occupational therapist with 20 years experience, graduating from the University of Pittsburgh in 2000. Colleen created The OT Toolbox to inspire therapists, teachers, and parents with easy and fun tools to help children thrive. As the creator, author, and owner of the website and its social media channels, Colleen strives to empower those serving kids of all levels and needs. Want to collaborate? Send an email to email@example.com.