When it comes to sharing information related to Sensory Processing Disorder, I’ve found the trick for most people is to break the info down into bite-size lessons that can help reduce the glazed-over eyes on caregivers, grandparents, and teams. The information in the Sensory Processing Disorder Handbook is sorted out by sensory system and explains the behind the scenes of SPD in easy-to-understand terms.
The Sensory Processing Disorder Handbook contains:
- 26 page guide to Sensory Processing Disorder
- A comprehensive breakdown of each subset of SPD including: Sensory Modulation Disorder, Sensory Based Motor Disorder (Dyspraxia and Postular-Ocular Disorder)
- Information related to each of the senses, including the Interoception, Proprioception, and Vestibular systems
- Descriptions of the praxic system and somatosensory system as they relate to movement and behavior
- Typical behavioral responses to poorly integrated sensory systems
This handbook can be used to guide a therapist’s treatment strategies and as a tool for parents and teachers to better understand what is happening in the body of a child with Sensory Processing Disorder.
- Adult Sensory Processing Disorder
- Free Sensory Processing Information Booklet
- Sensory Strategies in Schools
- Sensory Processing Red Flags