Spring Craft Pom Pom Art
Looking for a fun and fresh way to build fine motor skills and visual processing skills this Spring? Kids LOVE these Spring Craft Pom Pom Art mats!
Print off each play mat and cut out the copy cards. Copy the designs using colorful craft pom poms and build visual motor skills.
Or make your own copy cards and develop fine motor precision, coloring, and pencil control skills.
Use craft pom poms to copy the cards (or make your own design) and build skill areas!
This is a DIGITAL PRODUCT. Print off as many copies as you need and build skills through play.
Growing fine motor skills are fun with this set of Spring Craft Pom Pom Art pages!
Kids enjoy these craft pom pom pages because they can be used in many different ways.
- Copy the design cards to work on visual motor integration.
- Or create your own color design to build coloring skills.
- Encourage creativity and free play to place craft pom poms on the large design without using a model.
- Work on fine motor skills in a fun activity that doesn’t seem like “work”.
- Build the skills needed for pencil grasp and handwriting (fine motor control and visual motor skills) through play.
Work on fine motor skills by placing the craft pom poms on the large play mats using a variety of tools to develop fine motor skills.
Incorporate tool like tweezers or tongs to improve hand strength, eye-hand coordination, pincer grasp, graded grasp, grasp and release, separation of the sides of the hand, in-hand manipulation skills.
How to use these Spring Craft Pom Pom Art Pages:
- Cut out the small cards.
- Use the visual cards as a model to copy onto the large craft pom pom mat. Use the pre-colored cards or make your own by coloring on the small cards.
- Place the same colored craft pom poms in the correct spots to copy the image.
- OR, enjoy free-play and place colored pom poms onto the large play mats without copying from a design.
Includes 9 small colored copy cards and 9 black and white copy cards.
Includes 9 large play mats with a Spring theme.
Each large play mat includes a label and writing area to copy or trace the word.
- Use fingertips to place the craft pom poms on the correct place.
- Or, use tweezers to pinch the craft pom pom and place it on the correct space on the mat.
- Finally, use a “pickle picker” or “strawberry picker” to grab the craft pom poms and position them on the correct place on the mat.
- Use the blank cards to color in your own designs and copy those.
- Use materials other than craft pom poms! This activity works well with any small manipulative: bingo tokens, beads, etc.
Using these craft pom mats builds so many underlying skill areas:
- Eye-hand coordination
- Hand strength
- Arch development
- Pincer grasp
- Finger isolation
- Separation of the sides of the hand
- In-hand manipulation
- Thumb stability
- Visual scanning
- Visual figure-ground
- Visual discrimination
- Visual motor integration
- Visual memory