Visual Closure Workbook
The Visual Closure Workbook is a 65 page digital file designed to impact visual perceptual skills for reading comprehension and efficiency, and the ability to visualize a complete image or feature when given incomplete or partial information. With functional visual closure skills, we are able to determine
This visual perceptual skill resource includes:
- Information on visual processing and visual closure
- Tips and tools to address visual closure needs
- A thorough explanation of visual closure and what problems in this area look like in everyday tasks
- Reproducible worksheets and activity lists
- Activities to grade visual perceptual skills in hands-on activities
- 3 levels of worksheet pages in a variety of themes
Visual closure skills are essential for reading with fluency. It’s necessary for written work to happen without concentrating on each letter’s lines and curves. Visual Closure allows us to comprehend words and letters without actively assessing each line.
Challenges with puzzles, identifying sight words, copying in handwriting, math tasks, and other reading or writing activities require visual closure skills.
This workbook includes:
- Information on visual closure and visual processing
- Red Flags Indicating a Visual Closure Problem
- 15 ways to use the workbook and strategies
- More Visual Closure Activities (use these tactics to grade the visual closure activities to meet individual needs, challenge, users, and support the development of skills)
- Workbook – Level 1
- Workbook – Level 2
- Workbook – Level 3
This workbook is designed to provide background information on visual closure as a tool for understanding this visual perceptual skill. It’s a guide for advocating for common visual closure difficulties through the included screening tool broken down as “red flags”.
Readers will find an understanding of common issues related to visual closure difficulties along with activities and worksheets that can be used to improve this visual perceptual skill area.