Fall Fine Motor Kit
Printable 76 page, (no-prep) Fall themed fine motor activities and fine motor worksheets designed to build strong hands so kids can learn, hold & write with a pencil, and play.
This print-and-go Fall fine motor kit includes no-prep fine motor activities to help kids develop functional grasp, dexterity, strength, and endurance. Use fun, Summer-themed, fine motor activities so you can help children develop strong fine motor skills in a digital world.
Includes Fall themed activities for hand strength, pinch and grip, dexterity, eye-hand coordination, bilateral coordination, endurance, finger isolation, handwriting, scissor skills, pre-writing skills, and much more.
Work on fine motor strengthening and handwriting skills this Fall with fun and effective activities.
The Fall Fine Motor Kit is a 76 PAGE PRINTABLE PACKET of fine motor worksheets to develop scissor skills, hand strength, endurance, eye-hand coordination, handwriting, and much more. These print-and-go fine motor worksheets have everything you need for NO-PREP, Fall themed printable therapy activities.
Each activity page addresses fine motor skills such as:
- Endurance Activities
- Pinch and Grip Strength
- Dexterity Activities
- Precision Skills
- Graded Precision Activities
- Pinch and Grip Strength Activities
- Motor Planning Skills
- Arch Development Activities
- Finger Isolation Activities
- Separation of the Sides of the Hand Activities
- Open Thumb Web-Space Activities
- Wrist Extension
- Bilateral Coordination Activities
- Eye-Hand Coordination Activities
- Crossing Midline Activities
- Visual motor Integration
- Visual Perceptual Skills
- Pencil Control
- Functional Pencil Grasp
- Scissor Skills
- Manipulating Small Objects
- Glue Bottle Skills
- Tool Use: pencil, crayons, play dough, hole punch, stapler, push pins, toothpicks, stapler, string, etc.
THE FINE MOTOR KIT INCLUDES:
- Fall-themed Play Dough/Handwriting Mats (3 writing paper styles: single rule, double rule, and highlighted lines)
- Finger Isolation Trace Mazes/Fine Motor Mazes/Play Dough Mazes (4 styles) Includes finger isolation puppets
- Fall Fun Silly Paths- for coloring, rainbow writing, cutting, and fine motor placement. Includes 4 styles
- Fall Fun Fine Motor Counting Cards- Numbers 1-25
- Fall Fun Fine Motor Ten Frame-2 styles- for tong and tweezer use and counting with fine motor manipulatives
- Fall Fine Motor Lacing Cards- 6 styles- great for hole punching and lacing skills
- Color and Cut Sensory Bin Cards
- Pre-Writing Shapes Pages- 4 versions
- 3 Toothpick Art Pages
- Squirrel and Fall Leaves Fine Motor Paths (flip a coin or small object and place them along a path)
- 4 Beginning Cutting Skills Pages
- Fall Themed Simple Cutting Shapes in small, medium, and large sizes
- Fall Themed Complex Cutting Shapes in small, medium, and large sizes
- 8 Scissor Skills Color and Cut Puzzles
PLUS, Grab the fine motor kit this week, and get a BONUS packet:
Fall Sensory Activities for OT sessions and home sensory play. ($5 value) Experience all the senses this Fall with sensory experiences designed to promote motor skill development in Fall-themed, sensory rich play.
THIS “PRINT-AND-GO” FINE MOTOR ACTIVITY KIT INCLUDES:
Each activity page includes reproducible activities based on Summer themes: summer fruits, ice cream cones, beach, ocean animals, and more.
- 4 Finger Isolation Trace Mazes/Fine Motor Mazes/Play Dough Mazes- Includes finger isolation puppets. Print and play with these fine motor paths that build must-have fine motor skills. Use to clip paper clips, clothes pins, or place small objects like craft pom poms or mini erasers onto the clip cards using tongs or tweezers, and the fingers! This activity can be used over and over again. Includes finger puppets to trace, too. Extend the activity: Mark the path with pencils or slide into a page protector sheet and use a dry erase marker along the path. Roll play dough into “logs” and place along the path on each fine motor strip. TARGET SKILLS: Hand strength, eye-hand coordination, precision, finger isolation, grasp development, in-hand manipulation, handwriting, pencil control, hand strength, endurance.
- Fall Silly Path Worksheets- Includes 4 versions for coloring, rainbow writing, cutting, and fine motor placement. Users can color and cut the small images, glue to a craft stick or clothes pin, and trace along the paths. Or, slide the page into a page protector, and kids can use a pointer finger to trace along the paths. This activity is great for developing eye-hand coordination skills and finger isolation/separation of the sides of the hand. Extend the activity: Slide the page into a page protector and use a dry erase marker to mark each object and trace each silly path. Stick stickers along the path. Turn a coin over for each starfish. Move the coin along the path to the end. Color the pictures to reach the Fall item. TARGET SKILLS: Finger isolation, separation of the sides of the hand, arch development, eye-hand coordination, pencil control, grasp, hand strength.
- Pre-Writing Worksheets- Includes symmetry drawing worksheet and 4 pre-writing shapes tracing worksheets. Kids can work on forming and copying shapes such as a cross, circle, square, and triangle. Includes several worksheets to match summer themed images to the shape, to incorporate more visual perceptual skills and visual motor skill development. Extend the activity: Place beads, play dough, or small items into the shapes and along the dotted lines. Slide worksheets into a page protector to use a dry erase marker or sensory writing materials such as shaving cream, or finger paint. TARGET SKILLS: Handwriting, pre-writing skills, visual motor integration, letter formation, letter size, copying skills, spatial awareness.
- Fall Fun Fine Motor Counting Cards- Cut and color these acorn cards. Includes numbers 1-25 for ten frame play, sensory bin activities, math, lacing, beading, and more. Cut out each card. Tape to a pipe cleaner. Add the number of beads to the pipe cleaner. Extend the activity: Count and clip on the correct number of clothes pins. Or, count and attach the correct number of paper clips to the edge of the square. TARGET SKILLS: Scissor skills, fine motor strength, eye-hand coordination.
- Fall Fun Fine Motor Ten Frames- Kids can use the number cards to count out small materials like craft pom poms, coins, beads, balls of play dough, etc. to place on each ten frame. Use tongs of tweezers to build hand strength. Includes 4 themed ten frame pages. TARGET SKILLS: Hand strength, precision, dexterity, eye-hand coordination, open thumb web space, grasp and release, separation of the sides of the hand.
- Fall Fine Motor Lacing Cards– 6 styles in large lacing card formats- great for hole punching and lacing skills. Includes circle and square shaped lacing cards with 6 total lacing cards. Extend the activity and clip clothes pins to each shape or attach paper clips to the targets. Thread pipe cleaners or different grades of string to grade the activity easier or harder. TARGET SKILLS: Scissor skills, hand strength, pinch strength, bilateral coordination, graded precision, eye-hand coordination.
- Fall Color, Count & Write Play Dough Mats- These Fall-themed Play Dough/Handwriting Mats come in 3 different writing paper styles: single rule, double rule, and highlighted lines. Users can roll a die and use their fingertips to roll that number of small balls of play dough. They can place the small balls onto the play dough mat until all of the circles are filled. Includes a writing space for users to write about that object. Includes three styles of writing lines for each theme: single rule, double rule, and highlighted lines. Extend the activity: Ask users to color in the circles using a crayon or pencil to work on pencil control. Or, place a small object such as crumbled paper, bead, or coin onto each circle. TARGET SKILLS: Pinch and grip strength, arch development, separation of the sides of the hand, dexterity, precision, grasp development, handwriting, eye-hand coordination, open thumb web-space.
- 3 Toothpick Art Pages- Includes pictures and words. Place the images on a carpet or large piece of cardboard. Use toothpicks to dot around the outside of the lines on each image to work on precision and tripod grasp. Extend the activity: Use push pins over a cardboard surface. Tape the pictures to a window and trace the outlines with a pencil. TARGET SKILLS: Dexterity, wrist extension, grasp development, arch development, separation of the sides of the hand, hand strength, visual motor skills.
- Color and Cut Cards- Includes two pages of Fall images. Cut along the lines to work on scissor skills. Color in the images to address hand strength and control. Use the cards in sensory bins. These open-ended cards can be used in sensory bins, directed coloring for working memory activities, scavenger hunts, obstacle courses, handwriting tasks, charades, picture copying, and more. TARGET SKILLS: Graded precision, sensory play, spatial concepts, working memory, visual attention, visual memory, motor planning, crossing midline, visual motor integration, pre-writing skills, spatial relations, visual discrimination, visual attention, visual memory, pencil control, visual closure.
- Squirrel and Fall Leaves Fine Motor Paths Use those hands to flip a coin or small object and place them along a path. Comes in 2 styles. .
Use the fine motor strips for building dexterity and in-hand manipulation skills. Hold several coins, mini-erasers or other small objects. Place one item on each leaf along the path. TARGET SKILLS: In-hand manipulation, eye-hand coordination, grasp, precision, arch development, pinch, and grasp, separation of the sides of the hand.
- Scissor Skills Activities- Includes: 4 Beginning Cutting Skills Pages to work on graded scissor skills to cut along a strait line and stop at an end point without cutting through an image. Includes 9 pages of simple, complex cutting shapes in small, medium, large, and extra large sizes. TARGET SKILLS: Graded scissor skill accuracy and precision, visual perceptual skills, eye-hand coordination, crossing midline, bilateral coordination.
- 8 Scissor Skills Color and Cut Puzzles– Color and cut these 6 scissor skills puzzles. Work on visual perceptual skills, form constancy, scanning, and more. Also targets scissor use and coloring skills.
BONUS THIS WEEK ONLY
BUY NOW, DURING SUMMER WEEK AND GET:
BONUS: Fall Sensory Experiences ($5 value)
This 9 page digital file includes Fall themed sensory activities ideas for kids and families. Try adding these sensory based activities to your Fall bucket list this year. Included are many activities that are easy to incorporate into your day and family free time. These fall activities are an easy way to challenge sensory skills, provide input needed for organization and regulation of the sensory systems. Using typical Fall daily activities can establish levels of sensory needs in ordinary and playful ways. When it comes to sensory seeking behavior and feedback, what helps one child might help others, though maybe in different ways. Use the ideas included in this printable packet to address the sensory systems while building on and developing functional skills, fine and gross motor development, coordination, balance, attention, and independence.